Precious Lambs Early Childhood Learning Center is a Christian early childhood program maintained and operated by Good Shepherd Evangelical Lutheran Congregation. The program is conducted to assist parents in meeting their God-given responsibility to “bring up their children in the training and instruction of the Lord.” (Ephesians 6:4)
Through our early childhood education program, your child will be able to grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively in a Christian environment. Our curriculum is designed to give the child a variety of experiences to enhance his/her development in these various areas. These are areas in which you, as parents, are already training your child. As a preschool we will work with you in giving your child opportunities to grow in the following areas:
- Spiritual Growth – growing in knowledge of God, God’s love for sinful man, and God’s plan of salvation through Jesus; knowing that Jesus loves us through presentations of Bible stories, music, etc.
- Social Growth – growing in social behavior and developing skills; such as respect for others (through interaction with other children), sharing, taking turns, being responsible, and independent
- Emotional Growth – developing control and understanding of feelings, how to interact and respect other’s feelings, and learning the appropriate ways to show feelings
- Physical Growth – developing fine and large motor skills and growing in knowledge about one’s physical needs, senses, and changes through a variety of activities and through discussion
- Cognitive Growth – developing in the areas of reading readiness, math concepts, problem solving, communication, and organization through a large variety of experiences and activities (counting, letter recognition, manipulatives, etc.)
We look forward to sharing your child’s Christian educational experience here at Precious Lambs Early Childhood Learning Center. May our gracious Lord guide us as we work together to carry out Jesus’ words in John 21:15, “Feed my lambs.”