How do I join Good Shepherd if I am new to the WELS Lutheran faith,or rusty on the Bible?
We encourage you to attend our Bible Information Class
led by Our Pastors
. This detailed study of the fundamental teachings of the Bible will familiarize you with our practices and beliefs.
• Upon completing "My Lord and My God" classes, you will be able to make a knowledgeable decision about Good Shepherd membership.
• If you know and agree with the teachings of our congregation, you are ready to join us. There are no other requirements.
• Non-member parents who enroll their children in our elementary school need to complete eight lessons of "My Lord and My God" classes in the first year of their child’s enrollment.
How do I join Good Shepherd if I am well acquainted with the Biblical Lutheran faith?
• If you are a member of another church of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) or the Evangelical Lutheran Synod (ELS), contact that congregation for a written transfer of membership to Good Shepherd.
What privileges go along with joining Good Shepherd?
• You may receive Jesus’ wondrous gifts of holy baptism and holy communion.
• Our pastors will visit you if you are hospitalized or if you are home-bound for medical reasons.
• Your 7th and 8th grade children who do not attend our school can receive a two-year course in the Christian faith, leading to reception of the Lord’s Supper.
• You will receive at no cost many printed materials to help you grow, such as Forward in Christ (our church body’s monthly magazine) and Meditations (daily help in knowing and applying brief sections of God’s Word).
• You may join in many of our congregation’s activities to help others.
• You will enjoy the friendship, Christian bonding and care of fellow members.
• You will be eligible for pastoral counseling and referral in difficult times, as well as Christian pre-marriage counseling and a Christian wedding.
• You will receive a Christian funeral— and before it, above all, the sure hope of eternal life in God’s glory, for Jesus’ sake, to his endless praise.