|I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me. I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.
- John 10:14-16
The Mission of Good Shepherd is to sustain each of our members in the faith by working together in harmony for the spiritual growth and health of the congregation and reaching out to bring the gospel of Christ to others.
Our mission is summed up in our Call to Action:
We are committed to fulfilling the Great Commission
• Jesus commanded us, "go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" -Matthew 28:19
• We are active in local outreach and evangelism through our church and in our daily lives
• We support the global outreach work of our synod in bringing the good news to "every nation, tribe, people and language" -Rev. 7:9
We Are Committed to Christian Education
• Bible studies for adults on Sundays at 9:25 a.m., Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. and Thursdays at 9:30 a.m.
• A series of classes for adults seeking to learn the basic teachings of God's Word.
• Bible studies for teens on Sundays at 9:25 a.m.
• Instruction in Luther's Catechism for seventh and eighth graders preparing to receive Holy Communion. Classes for those not attending our elementary school are held on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m.
• Sunday School for children ages 3½ to eighth grade, on Sundays at 9:15 a.m.
We Are Committed to Christ-centered Elementary Education
• We maintain a preschool ( for 3 and 4 year olds ) and elementary school for kindergarten through eighth grade.
Next, learn What To Expect when you visit Good Shepherd.
• Students learn the Bible in depth, and study all subjects in the light of God's Word.
• Our school's student–to–teacher ratio is low—approximately 14 to 1.
• Our members pay no tuition; we support our school by our whole congregation's free-will financial offerings.
• Our teachers are well-qualified, and we strive to help all students reach their full potential.